ISA RC28 Fall 2022 Meeting
Research Committee 28 of the International Sociological Association
"Educational Stratification and Labor Market Inequality in Comparative Perspective."
University of Notre Dame, USA
August 12-14, 2022
(Pre-Conference Reception on August 11, 2022)
Welcome to the summer meeting of the RC28 of the International Sociological Association at the University of Notre Dame. The conference is a forum for ongoing work in the fields of social stratification and mobility by RC28 scholars. The conference will take place from August 12 through 14, with multiple panel sessions and keynote presentations on the program. The conference fee will cover costs associated with hosting the conference and will include an opening reception (on the evening of August 11) and a conference dinner on August 13.
Educational Stratification and Labor Market Inequality in Comparative Perspective - For this conference, we are soliciting papers that examine how educational stratification (structured inequalities in achievement and attainment) are linked to labor market inequality (inequalities in earnings, occupational status, and other outcomes). Papers that compare different nations, or case-studies of specific nations are welcome. We are particularly interested in papers that offer new perspectives on recent trends in educational expansion and differentiation, economic restructuring in labor markets, and how the two may be connected. The conference also welcomes research that falls within the traditional scope of stratification research studied by RC 28 scholars (e.g., educational inequality, research on mobility, status attainment processes, ascribed and achieved statuses, etc.).
Questions? Contact us:
If you have any questions or need help with anything, please feel free to reach out to us via email at RC28@nd.edu.
Travel and Accommodations
Dr. Adam Gamoran, President, William T. Grant Foundation.
- Call for abstracts opens: March 21, 2022
- Call for abstracts closes: May 6, 2022
- Paper acceptance (notifications): May 20, 2022
- Registration opens: March 24, 2022
- Travel award application deadline: June 1, 2022
- Travel award notification: June 15, 2022
- Presenter registration deadline: June 22, 2022
- Participant registration deadline: July 1, 2022
- All events will take place on the University of Notre Dame campus
- Pre-conference reception: August 11, 2022
- Main Conference: August 12-14, 2022